Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Flea Bath


Stray Cat
> >>>
> >>> I wish I had more time to write but all I do is deal with other people's complaints. Much to my dismay the results are always the same ..no matter what you do, they are going to hate you...whether it is because of the price or the actual services this is a very unrewarding thankless job. But I find a certain satisfaction in it. No it is not the sadist in me, but rather the humanitarian. The one that keeps getting injured and finds the strength to raise above it all again and again. Yes! That one. You see I am very proud and when I am done with these disasters; I pride in their transformations. But it does take a lot from me, all that negative energy. Thank goodness I am a YES person...(Note to self: say yes a little less often)
> >>
> >> I was in Miami back in Novenber, for a respite, took a dive in a world nowhere near mine, and swam amongst the "it" boys ( the ones that usually don't know what to do with me). Funny enough I find my self again gravitating to the oddball. A tall but unimpressive nerd of a Clark Kent. Dressed in a drab grey T-shirt so washed out it has become translucent, big baggy hawaiian print grey shorts and sneakers of an uncertain color likely to have match his matted hair. ( AND YES) the trademark dorky reading glasses that desperately try to conceal the one thing that I found most attractive about him (his deep, wise and tranquil "oceanic" eyes) . I wonder again how this happend, but then again it must be a strong magnetism that binds me to this kind of guy: fun, free and careless...Very unlike my self, at least the one I have so painstakingly created. I know that deep inside I have more in common with this care free crazy character than I know and certaily more in common that with the cookie cuter gays in the festivities. Perhaps because that is the way my inner child is. (Of course it has been beaten in to submission, but never dead!) (Ahhh parents... they do a wonderfull job at that , don't they?...)
> >>
> >> God! How I loved basking in the strange light of these characters, I love them as they are and for all their errors, wrong things and ugly things...love their imperfections. But do not be fooled, they are shooting stars, trail blazers, commets in direct course "mostly" to impact my heart. I long to be them and to be part of them but most of all I love to observe them. (From a safe distance were the light is warm and the finer details of their flaws are still unapparent.)
> >>
> >> Life has a funny way to imitate it self as in a game of forecasting. A Tarot of its own interpretation. I recently came across one such meteorites... actually I did excerpt a certain force field to knock it into a closer orbit, but instead I found my self in direct collision with the celestial vagrant. My own wonderfull Levi-Shoemaker event.
> >>>
> >>> But back to the art of life imitating itself...I recant one of many conversations we had were (and not because of wit but experience) I was able to pick out of the exact date of his birth and sign (Cancer). Yet another recurrent in my life. Funny that the constellation of Cancer found itself so near to its opposite Capricorn, near like the tropics and yet divided by an equator.
> >>
> >> Well that conversation evolved into this: (A bit of creative writing)
> >>>
> >>> After the initial collisions and invasions of each other's atmospheres, we unmasked each other as heavenly creatures do and rested in serene languid afterglows, no exceptions and no pretences. The perfect time to turn on our backs and expose our soft bellies... and having proved to each other that our bodies have in deed survived we open up our minds and let flow all that we could have never dared say.
> >>
> >> Everything except that four letter word that lingered in the atmosphere like a smog. Of course that given the zodiacal characters of each other is to be expect that: I would as usual not open my mouth to express much but let my mind take it all in, and the opposite seemed to have been true for that polarizing Cancer. Who, suffering from a benign vervorreah, spewed all that was in his mind regardless of the contents; unedited and raw yet never including that four letter word. I keep thinking of that quirk in Spanish that allowed me to express the exact feeling I had at that moment without freaking him out...but it does not exist in the pragmatic vocabulary of the English language. (TE QUIERO) But lucky for both of us that word never has to cross the threshold of our lips and just as the warmth of our afterglow starts to burn, mother nature took over.
> >>
> >> A cat whose presence I was (kind of) aware of, one that remained in the corner sheltered from our asteroidal shrapnell, decides to jump on to my chest and claim territory (Thank God it was not by spraying)
> >>
> >> - HI!
> >> She climbs over me like I am her personal scratch pole and cuddles to my chest as if I belong to her...
> >> -Cats... they are like that aren't they...
> >> -She was a stray I picked up with my friends, gave her a flea bath and food...left the door open all day in hopes she would walk out and continue her life but she has taken a liking to "moi" and stuck around. She is harmless and seems to be very afraid of the outside world...She just meowed at me and followed me around a clear sign she was meant to be rescued (he says).
> >>
> >> I lay in his arms half giggling half awestruck and in total comfort, the kind that no bed provides not even your favorite pair of slippers can match; and only once in a life time you may find....the comfort of not having to pretend, wonder or question your existance in that room. I admire him for that, pretentiousness and nepotism seem so far behind him.
> >>
> >> The cat gets tired of my heaving chest and moves to warmer areas to spoon in the nook of my arm pit. He takes the other hollow and gently dirfts off with a baby soft snore. No Tarot cards to read here...the signs are clear we are one universe if for only a moment and I know this is the kind of person I have searched for far and wide. I like it and I have no other expectations, no anxiuos urge to leave nor to stay. I am at peace.
> >>
> >> I never thought of my self a drift or astray. Actually I would have thought the opposite given my initial impression of him, I would have sworn he was the one being rescued. But I layed on that bed and realized much to my content that I had just been given that flea bath I so longed for.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment